The Italian Language Foundation, Inc.
Promoting and Supporting Italian Language Education
What Do We Do?
Thank you to the Giambelli Foundation for its support!
ILF Is Proud To Announce It Has Reached Its Matching Goal And Received A Grant From The Giambelli Foundation. We Are Grateful For Their Continued Support Of ILF’s Mission And Programs
ANNOUNCING THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE FOUNDATION'S
NEW COLLEGE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be enrolled in a college Italian language class, together with other academic courses. A minor or major concentration in Italian is not required. Fellowship is $1,000, renewable for up to 3 years.
Fred Kuwornu – ILF College Fellowship: ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be of African-American heritage and enrolled in a college Italian language class, together with other academic courses. A minor or major concentration in Italian is not required. Fellowship is $1,000, renewable for up to 3 years.
Enrico Fermi – ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be enrolled in a college Italian language class and also in science and/or math classes, including pre-med, scientific research, etc. Fellowship is $1,000 per semester, renewable for up to 3 years.
- Open to matriculated college level students at the freshman, sophomore, and junior levels.
- Both student and student’s teacher of Italian must be ILF Members. A letter of recommendation from the student’s college professor of Italian is requested.
- Preference will be given to students who have enrolled in the AP Italian course in high school, and have taken the AP Italian exam.
- Student must submit a blog describing their experience studying Italian, traveling to Italy, visiting Italian art exhibits, concerts, restaurants, specialty markets, etc.
- Student must volunteer as a tutor or in other service group in high school or college. A letter of recommendation from the leader of that volunteer organization is required.
- Both student and teacher confirmed as members of ILF
- Preference to AP students – ask if they took AP Italian in high school
- An official letter of recommendation is required from professor of Italian
- A current, official transcript
- Proof of enrollment in Italian language classes
- Proof of participation in community service
- Blog (250 words or less)
- Phone number and mailing address
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SPONSOR THE FELLOWSHIP WITH A NAMING OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE TO:
CONGRATULATIONS to our Honorees:
Silvana Chiappelloni, Claudio Giusti, and Mirella Galloni!
The Italian Language Foundation Fundraiser - June 26th, 2023
Commitment 2 Excellence Program
The Italian Language Foundation is delighted to bring you the following Commitment 2 Excellence Program activities:
Summer Leadership Conference
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend this conference.
Click the ‘Sign Up’ link below to be connected with an ILF Mentor.
Email Us at email@example.com to inquire about our summer internships.
Become a Student or Teacher Member!
Our Latest Blog Posts
By Jessica Morlock, recipient of the Italian Language Foundation’s Enrico Fermi College Fellowship As a Biology of Global Health major with aspirations of becoming a physician…Read More
Written by Amy Riolo Pieces of both Washington, DC and Naples was part of the 57th Annual Super Bowl, the final match of the playoffs of the US football championship…Read More
Each year, the Italian Language Foundation recognizes two outstanding teachers from across the United States for their commitment to excellence in the teaching of Italian. The 2023 Awardees were Enza…Read More
Help The Italian Language Foundation
You’re support will make a difference!