Become a Member to participate in the ILF Commitment to Excellence (C2E) Program.
ANNOUNCING THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE FOUNDATION'S
NEW COLLEGE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be enrolled in a college Italian language class, together with other academic courses. A minor or major concentration in Italian is not required. Fellowship is $1,000, renewable for up to 3 years.
Fred Kuwornu – ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be of African-American heritage and enrolled in a college Italian language class, together with other academic courses. A minor or major concentration in Italian is not required. Fellowship is $1,000, renewable for up to 3 years.
Enrico Fermi – ILF College Fellowship: Student required to be enrolled in a college Italian language class and also in science and/or math classes, including pre-med, scientific research, etc. Fellowship is $1,000 per semester, renewable for up to 3 years.
- Open to matriculated college level students at the freshman, sophomore, and junior levels.
- Both student and student’s teacher of Italian must be ILF Members. A letter of recommendation from the student’s college professor of Italian is requested.
- Preference will be given to students who have enrolled in the AP Italian course in high school, and have taken the AP Italian exam.
- Student must submit a blog describing their experience studying Italian, traveling to Italy, visiting Italian art exhibits, concerts, restaurants, specialty markets, etc.
- Student must volunteer as a tutor or in other service group in high school or college. A letter of recommendation from the leader of that volunteer organization is required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SPONSOR THE FELLOWSHIP WITH A NAMING OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE TO:
WHAT IS THE C2E PROGRAM?
Commitment to Excellence (C2E) Program is geared to 11th & 12th grade high school and college level students of Italian with a goal to help them become global career and workforce ready through Mentorship, Leadership and Internship exposure.
C2E Program Components
Student Member Benefits
From music to theater, art shows and food festivals become a part of immerse yourself in a variety of cultural events where as a Student Member you can volunteer and/or attend an event from our list….
AP Italian Language and Culture
Student Members are kept up to date on the College Board’s AP Italian Language and Culture information, resources and updates.
Become an Italian Language Foundation Contributory Writer
In English or Italiano, we are looking for a few of our very own Student Members to become Contributory Writers! Tell us about your Italian learning experiences, how is AP Italian helping your formazione scolastica? Traveled to Italy already, write a pictorial or send us a video post.
See our Blog Guidelines and once you become a Student Member, Contact Us so you can add Contributory Writer to your Resume.
Featured Blog Posts:
Photo Source: https://www.melroselifestyle.it/en/fior-di-latte-or-mozzarella By Nicole Fortuna I don’t remember the first time trying fior di latte mozzarella—it’s always been a delectable fixture in my family’s food traditions. Fior di latte…Read More
The Pinocchio Papers – How a 150-year-old Italian puppet became an icon for our times Il motivo che ha spinto Anna Kraczyna a dare vita a una nuova e traduzione…Read More
By Juliet Hallier Juliet Hallier, is a high school senior student at San Joaquin Memorial High School in Fresno, CA. Juliet has been studying Italian for 3 years and plans…Read More